National Family Literacy Day is a national awareness initiative, held annually on January 27th. This special day promotes families reading and doing other literacy-related activities together. Take 15 minutes a day to learn with your family!
The NWT Literacy Council encourages communities, schools, families and organizations to celebrate family literacy day in their own unique way. Many communities or schools celebrate the whole week by hosting several family literacy events.
Enter Our Family Literacy Photo Contest!
Enter to win one of four Family Fun Packs! We want to see how your “Play and learn anywhere, anytime” with your family. Send us a photo with a brief caption about what you’re doing and learning. Read more.
Family Literacy Day 2015
- Snuggle Up Together
- Family Literacy Coupons
- Family Literacy Tip Sheet
- Learning Through Play
Fax Back Form
Family Literacy Day 2014
- Children Need Play Every Day (PDF - 756 KB)
- Family Literacy Infographic (PDF - 1.4 MB)
- You can borrow Family Literacy Resources (PDF - 356 KB)
- Ideas for Family Literacy Day (PDF - 116 KB)
- Idées pour la Journée de l'alphabétisation familiale! (PDF - 131 Ko)
- Family Literacy Day Tips (PDF - 219 KB)
- Trucs en alphabétisation familiale pour les parents (PDF - 93 Ko)
- How did you celebrate Family Literacy Day? (PDF - 98k)
- Comment avez-vous célébré la Journée de l'alphabétisation familiale? (PDF - 90 Ko)