What can you do to support your Aboriginal language?
- Develop Aboriginal language books and resources.
- Use storytelling in your program and community.
- Create fun games in your language and teach them to families.
- Develop Aboriginal language radio programs.
- Encourage local teachers, early childhood workers to speak to the children and young people in your language on the play ground and in the halls of the school.
- Develop posters with positive messages about speaking your Aboriginal language.
- Create a language committee that promotes culture and language in your community.
- Develop a plan for maintaining and/or revitalizing your Aboriginal language.
- Encourage parents to speak their language in the family.