Family Literacy Resources
Other Useful Family Literacy Links
- ABC Teach
A ton of activities for the preschool and elementary level. Worksheets, shape books, colouring pages and so much more.
- All Crafts
Tons of great craft ideas from holidays to general crafts. All free!
- Aaron Shepard's Storytelling Page: Tales & Tips on How to Tell a Story
Legends, stories, ideas and scripts and much more.
- DLTK's Crafts for Kids
DLTK's Crafts for Kids features a variety of fun, printable children's crafts, coloring pages and more including projects for holidays, educational themes and some of our children's favorite cartoon characters.
- Enchanted Learning
Crafts, printouts, theme units and more. You can pay $20 for full access or access only some of the activities.
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education
Free preschool lessons plans, activities and resources. Lots of great stuff!
- Family Literacy
Family literacy activities and ideas for everyday of the week!
- Family Resource Programs - Canada
Lots of great websites and information about upcoming events and special days and weeks.
- Family Education.com
Blogs, websites, magazine articles and more. Worth a peek.
- Gayle's Preschool Rainbow – Activity Central
Theme units for a variety of topics from holidays to dinosaurs.
- Health Canada
National website for programs and services related to health.
- The Idea Box
Crafts, games, ideas, activities, recipes, forums and much more…
- Kids Crafts Weekly
Sign up for a weekly enews that has new craft and learning ideas. Great website too!
- NALD Family Literacy Resources
A directory of family literacy programs across Canada.
- Northern Workplace/Workforce Literacy Partnership
- Pampers Parenting Institute/T. Berry Brazelton
Information on prenatal nutrition and care, baby care, toddler care and preschool children.
- Perpetual Preschool
Theme units for a variety of subjects including holidays. Craft ideas, songs, poems, snack ideas and much more.
Kids Guide to Polymer Clay and Crafts
- Storysacks - Canada
Learn more about Storysacks and how you can get involved.
- Tools for Community Building Website
This is a joint website between the NWT and Nunavut Literacy Councils. It has information and resources that help communities plan for and develop projects. It has a great section on proposal writing. Check it out!
- This is what it has now…
- Tools for Community Building Workbook (pdf - 4.5 MB)
The NWT Literacy Council in partnership with the Nunavut Literacy Council revised the Tools for Community Building Workbook. This workbook provides a clear guide to help people plan for community-based projects. It is a step-by-step guide to support community development and to help people write proposals. This workbook can help you if you want to:
- Work together with others to make your community stronger.
- Plan a local community development project.
- Write a proposal to support your project.
- Develop a communication strategy for your project.
- Write an evaluation report at the end of your project.
Return to Family Literacy