| Mission Statement | History | Partnerships | Annual Reports |
The NWT Literacy Council is dedicated to supporting the development of literacy in all official languages of the NWT. We do this by:
- Promoting reading and writing in all official languages of the NWT;
- Providing information about literacy, programs and resources;
- Building and maintaining a network for shared information;
- Developing teaching and learning materials and promotional materials;
- Supporting literacy programs, projects and practitioners;
- Monitoring and responding to territorial and federal literacy initiatives and policy;
- Encouraging reading and writing at all ages.
We believe that everyone has a right to literacy. We also believe that literacy is something that involves everyone - individuals, families, communities, business, labour and governments. Literacy is the foundation of lifelong learning and of active participation in the social, economic and political life of our communities, our territory and our country.