- BC Ministry of Education, Post-Secondary Department. (1984). Native literacy
and life skills curriculum guidelines: A resource book for adult basic education.
British Columbia. Author.
- Basic Skills Agency. Effective basic skills provision for adults. London.
- Department of Education, Culture & Employment. (1997). The bridge to my
future: A report on adult basic education in the NWT. Yellowknife, NWT. Author.
- Department of Education, Culture & Employment, Career & Colleges Branch.
(1999). Quality standards for adult literacy and basic education (Draft). Yellowknife,
- Department of Education, Culture and Employment. (2000). Adult literacy and
basic education directive. Yellowknife, NT. Author.
- Department of Education, Culture & Employment. (2001). Towards literacy:
A strategy framework – 2001-2005. Yellowknife, NWT. Author.
- Manitoba Education and Training. (1995). Exemplary practice in Manitoba: Models
of quality in literacy programming. Winnipeg, Manitoba. Author.
- Mayer, S. (1987). Guidelines for effective adult literacy programs. Minneapolis.
B. Dalton Bookseller National Literacy Initiative.
- Ontario, Ministry of Education and Training. (1998). Best practices in literacy
for adults with developmental disabilities. Toronto. Author.