- Ontario Training and Adjustment Board, Literacy and Basic Skills Section. (1994).
Framework and quality standards for adult literacy education in Ontario. Toronto.
- Province of BC, Ministry of Advanced Education. ABE program quality framework.
Victoria, BC. Author.
- Purton, D. & Gadsby, L. (2002). Best practices in family literacy. In
Centre for Family Literacy. Foundational training in family literacy: Trainers’
guide. Edmonton, Alberta. Author.
- Regehr, J. Guidelines and procedures for quality family literacy programming.
Winnipeg, Manitoba. Family Literacy Steering Committee.
- Saskatchewan Literacy Network. (2000). Best program practices. Saskatoon,
- Thomas, A. (ed.) (1998). Family literacy in Canada: Profiles of effective
practices. Welland, Ontario. Editions Soleil Publishing Inc.
- Thomas, A. (1989a). Adult literacy volunteer tutor program evaluation kit.
Victoria, BC. Province of British Columbia, Ministry of Advanced Education and
National Literacy Secretariat.
- Thomas, A. (1989b). Exemplary adult literacy programs and innovative practices
in Canada. Victoria, BC. Province of British Columbia, Ministry of Advanced
Education and Job Training and National Literacy Secretariat.