Speaking and Discussion
Learning Activity 6
6-1: The Way of Council
Remember these things when you participate in the The Way of Council.
The Four Intentions of the Way of Council
- Speak from the heart.
- Listen from the heart.
- Be spontaneous.
- Be lean of expression.
- Acknowledge one another as equals.
- Try to stay curious about each other.
- Recognize that we need each other’s help to become good listeners.
- Slow down so we have time to think and reflect.
- Remember that conversation is the natural way humans think together.
- Expect it to be messy at times.