After each problem tell how to work it by writing A, S, M, or D. If
there are two steps, write the letter for each step. Then do the work
at the right:
- Last week when Fred was helping Mr. King he worked 2 hours on Thursday,
2 hours on Friday, and 5 hours on Saturday. If Mr. King paid Fred
$7.25 an hour, how much did Fred earn?
- Jim saves $5.00 from his salary each month. In how many weeks will
he have $75.00?
- Tom and Ned had $7.86 to divide equally. Ned spent $.25 of his share
of the money. How much did Ned have left?
- Ed made a bowling score of 215 last week. His score this week was
198. How much more did he make last week?
- Last week Joe sold 28 papers on Wednesday, 36 papers on Thursday,
32 papers on Friday, and 51 papers on Saturday. How many papers did
he sell altogether on these four days?
- Two boys picked 5 pails of Saskatoons and sold them for $4.98 each.
They divided the money equally. How much did each boy get?
- Ned had $8.49 when he left home this morning. He paid $2.25 for
bus fares, $4.98 for lunch, and $.50 for a newspaper. How much does
he have left after paying for these things?