Students will complete a comparison shopping activity at the store
in pairs. Each group will compare their findings.
- After learning the concepts and attaining some proficiency, the
students will make up their own problems by working in a group. Each
group will present their problems to the collective whole.
- Put names in a hat and have students draw questions on written cards.
- Giving out silly prizes for correct answers worked.
- Give each group an envelope containing a word problem. The students
have to draw a picture that demonstrates how the problem should be
- Prepare a series of word problems with four possible answers. Using
the format of the game show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire",
the student will strive to earn $1,000,000.