Find the meaning of the underlined words in the dictionary. Write the
best meaning for the word in the sentence. The numbers in the parenthesis
are the page numbers.
|| To me this was all so confusing.
||I didn't know what reading and printing
were like, but I was very curious about it. ______________________________
|| Most of misery was caused by
the separation from my parents. ________________________________________
- April's mother was part Irish and part Ojibway. Her dad was a mostly
Indian. April looked like her _____________.
- Because April was Indian and white, she was a________.
- The people who took April and Cheryl from their home were the ____________
- The nun forced April to eat her porridge and after April ____________,
the nun realized April really was sick.
Answer the following questions in sentences with correct spelling,
capitalization and punctuation.
- Who were the members of April's family? Where did they live?
- What was the medicine April's parents drank?
- (12) Why do you think people were sometimes rude to April's mother?
- What were April's greatest fears while at the orphanage?
- (19) What did she do to stay out of trouble at the orphanage?
- How do you think Cheryl felt when her sister was in the hospital?
- What is your opinion of April and her family?
Write a short summary of the chapter. A summary tells the most important
ideas without writing all the details.