Warm Up Activity
This warm up is lively and fun. It is a game that can go in many
different directions. There is never one right answer. This game
also helps to focus everyones attention.
- Stand in a circle.
- Begin the warm up by saying a word - any word.
- The person to the left then says the first thing that comes to their mind.
- The person to their left then responds to that word, and so
it continues until someone gets stuck.
- Play a few more rounds.
The game might sound something like this:
- The first person might start with the word coat.
- The next person might say jacket.
- The third person, responding to the word jacket, might say zipper.
- Then followed by stuck, push, pull, tow, foot, inch, measure, and so on.
As you can see the game can, and will, go in many directions. The
game should move along quite quickly. Have fun! Remember its a
game of free association. There is never one right answer.