Activities to Do at Home with Your Children
- Tell your child a riddle. For example, "I'm furry
and I meow and purr softly. What am I?"
- Make snowflakes out of white paper with your
child. Decorate the snowflakes with paint and silver glitter.
- Take time to play outside today. Fill spray bottles with different
shades of food colouring. Help your child create a painting,
using the snow as your canvas.
- Go outside and make snow angels together. Talk about winter.
- Help your child write a recipe for a snack like the rollups in this
kit. Then help her to follow the directions to make the snack.
- Make an icy sun catcher. Half fill a small tray with water. Lay a
piece of string in the tray, with about four inches in the water
and about six inches out of the water. Add bits of leaves or
berries, yarn or whatever you wish. Lay the tray outdoors to
freeze. Remove from the tray and hang from a tree or a hook.
These are all great family literacy activities that
you can do with your children!