Turnagain Ptarmigan by James Guenther
- Introduce the book.
- Read the book together as a group.
- Discuss the book as a group.
- Brainstorm activities related to this book that
parents can do at home with their children.
- Make an activity related to the story that
families can use at home.
- Give out handouts related to the book and review the activities
together. Make sure you go over each activity and show parents
how to do them.
- Have parents review the weekly Literacy Action Plan for next week.
- Have parents write down one thing in their journals that they
learned this evening and then share it with the group, if they
- Ask the participants for feedback on the session: “What did
you like about the session? What did you not like?”
- Have children come back from their reading circle to spend
time reading with their parents.
- Gather everyone together and read one more story or teach the
poems to everyone.
- Take a break for a nutritional snack and drinks.