- Divide the participants into groups of 4 or 5.
- Give each group a piece of flipchart paper with a room of the
house written on it-for example, kitchen. Also give each group a
different coloured marker.
- Give the group a short length of time to write examples of print
they might see in that room-for example, fridge magnets.
- At the end of the time period, the group exchanges their paper with
another group, and continues writing things for their new room.
They cannot write anything that is already written on their paper.
- At the end of the period, change papers again.
- Continue until all ideas are exhausted.
- Each group shares its last paper with all the groups.
- You can play this game with a variety of topics. All you need is a
topic that lends itself to a variety of situations. For example:
- Helpful Hints (Health, Learning, Living, Cleaning, Children,
- Transportation (on the land, in the water, in the air, etc.)
- Our natural world (plants, animals, constellations, weather, etc.)
- You can also play this game using an Aboriginal
language. For example, participants might have to
write down things they would find in different parts
of the house, or in the hospital, etc.