- Pick a night when there isn't
another community event going on and open up your school library.
- Advertise the Party at least one
week before the event. A Pyjamas N' Books party is a great activity for the
whole family. Put posters up around the community, advertise on the local radio
station, or green screen and hand out invitations at the school. Tell
everyone about it! Posters and invitations are included in this
- Invite families to wear their
pyjamas and come and read together. (People can come in their regular clothes
- Prepare snacks for the families
that attend the event.
- Give out prizes to families that
attend (Find sponsors in the community, contact the NWT Literacy Council for
- Hand out family literacy tip
sheets (included in this package) and information about community literacy
programs for parents to take home.
- Ask the local paper to come to
your event and do a story about Family Reading Night.
- Thank youf sponsors at your