Taste Test # 1
This is a fun game for adults and children to do together, and is a good way to get kids to try new foods.
What You Need:
- Fruit (cut into bite sized pieces)
- Other familiar foods such as cheese and vegetables
- Knife and cutting board
- An adult should cut a variety of familiar foods into bite‐sized pieces. Good foods to use are apples, cucumber, tomato, banana, onion, marshmallow, cheese etc. Try to avoid round foods, such as grapes,
which can be choking hazards. You can also include 1 or 2 unfamiliar foods.
- Blindfold the child. Feed him or her a small bite of food.
- The child should try to guess what kind of food it is.
- The parent can ask questions to help the child guess:
- Was it hard or soft?
- Was it sweet, sour, spicy or bitter?
- Was it yummy or yucky?
- For an even bigger challenge, try guessing the food while blindfolded and holding your nose.
**This experiment is taken from the Books in the Home Kit, Green Eggs and Ham