Taste Test #2
This slightly more involved taste test is a good Saturday project for elementary‐aged children. It helps you discover which parts of the tongue can taste which flavours.
What You need:
- Lemon juice or vinegar
- 4 markers/crayons of
- Paper and pencil
- 4 cups or small bowls
- Talk about the words sweet, salty, bitter and sour. Think of foods that fit in each category.
- An adult should add about ¼ cup of water to 3 of the 4 bowls. Mix about 1 tbsp of sugar, salt or cocoa into each of the three bowls.
- Put a small amount of lemon juice or vinegar in the 4th. You may need to label the bowls.
- Assign a coloured marker to each bowl.
- Draw a picture of the tongue. Something like this will do: