5-1: Autobiography Incidents
Instructor models a short autobiographical incident from his/her life.
- Learners work in pairs and share an important incident in their lives. Ask learners to share happy incidents with each other.
- They brainstorm categories for stories, e.g. school adventures, a special holiday, brothers, sisters, children, family, happy moments, ect.
- Learners choose one topic and set a timer for one minute. The partner will share thoughts and memories. Partners take turns repeating the activity for each topic on the list.
- Learners discuss together the stories they want to hear more about.
- Learners write a one paragraph story about the incident. Some ideas for learners to write about are on the handout.